It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only solution when hooking up a home security system. Forget placing a security camera on a countertop or controlling your implements with a smartphone. With that being said, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless installations. You now have an array of added perks to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, components that connect and react to each other, and simpler installs. Wireless home security systems in Joliet will safeguard your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider If You Go Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a stable connection to the internet to function correctly. If you have high-performance internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re on the right path for wireless equipment.
If you have concerns about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for security systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
If you make your home in an area without stable access to internet or cellular services, a wired configuration will probably be a better choice. Or It may also make more sense from a monetary perspective to go a wired installation if you move into a residence that currently has wiring for security components in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Joliet will boost your property’s protection, which is the main objective in the first place. However, if you like the chance of having the most advanced features, consider these benefits of wireless:
- Access from any location: Get access to all the components in your residence from your locks to your thermostat from the palm of your hand using the ADT Control app. You are able to see camera footage, switch on your connected lights, and even turn on your alarm in the event you forgot to do so. If a security event does occur, you can have notifications delivered right to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and lengthy system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless gadgets is that you are able to place them virtually in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you would like to update sometime in the future with new equipment, incorporating devices into your network is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices a possibility with quick, bi-directional communications. You can set your components to act in specific situations to boost your safety and discourage intrusions. For instance, if your exterior surveillance detects odd disturbances around your home, it can automatically signal your interior lights to engage.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Joliet
Even though wireless home security systems in Joliet have shown to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you have some hesitations about utilizing one. The following are a few of the most prevalent sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless components may fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart devices will notify you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically have to be positioned within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to boost your flexibility.
- Similar to any computer network, the threat of hacking persists. But you are able to take action to greatly reduce the risk by creating secure passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only use security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Professionals
Are you ready to take advantage of Joliet wireless home security? Contact us at (815) 242-2890 to consult with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your home.