What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Joliet
You realize you must protect your home. Above all else, it’sthe haven where your loved ones live and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the best type of home secuirty? Whether or not to get 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Joliet and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense links to an external monitoring team that is prepared to provide help at any moment. When an entrypoint sensor activates or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents get an instant alert. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional backup. You could think of this option as self-monitored, meaning that if your system is tripped, you need to act to get it resolved. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Joliet
Here’s a short look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without your phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Speedier response: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll respond more quickly to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line tools and flawless integration: When you receive equipment, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will get access to a cohesive system with components that may be better than what you will come across yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Many individuals would rather have the job done by skilled professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This will be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Joliet
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers might consider this an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an extra charge. Others will prefer going with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may incorporate devices when you desire - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you may find integrating into a cohesive system more complex.
- Control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your alarms. If a disaster arises, you’re in control of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security alert? This scenario will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: As you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support setting up the system: If you require assistance during the installation, you may have to employ a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Joliet
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Joliet from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the best solution for your family. Call (815) 242-2890 today to get started.