Home security cameras can simply be used as a hindrance—something that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are outfitted with a number of features all designed to enable comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these additions enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in Joliet.
How To Set Up Your Joliet Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras on the optimal spots around your living space is the best place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a good move to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should afford a clear scene of your patio, driveway, front and backyard, shed, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as vital to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Seclusion for you and your visitors ought to be a primary consideration before placing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in Joliet. The additions described below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your mobile device the instant strange motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to automatically start recording when activity is detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips for easy viewing anytime.
- 2-way talk: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to people via the device. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more exhaustive look at any space. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture clips of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to protect single locations within your house.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Joliet is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (815) 242-2890 or submit the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.