How Will Geofencing In Joliet Work With Home Security?
Today's home security options have become increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to forget to complete easy security tasks like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these tasks in the future? When you implement geofencing in Joliet, you can simply drive off to work and have your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Joliet For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries along the perimeter of your home and program the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the specified border.
For example, when you exit your premises, you can instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Below are several of the technologies you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home security system in Joliet. When you download the ADT Control app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: program your smart devices to operate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to turn down to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain equipment activate based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system detects abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Joliet
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (815) 242-2890 or submit the form below to get started on your optimal security system.